Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy

I was going through my regular blogs today and the post "Redress" in Panopticon caught my eye.
http://the-panopticon.blogspot.com/
I was thinking while reading about his experiences how similar they are to my own but mostly the one thing that I experience that he didn't mention. For me knitting is also a social act many times. I love the days that I get to go to the yarn shop and hang out with everyone. I love being asked about my day, school, my new hair color. I love hearing about peoples kids, dogs, mom's and other things that make up the non-knitting side of their lives. Every time I wear something that I knit as part of a group I remember small things about that time and place. Then I moved on a started to think about all the other things I do that end up as social events. I swing dance and cook and hang out at work on my day off like a person with no life. I think that the people that I know are the most interesting part of the world around me.
As I know people and learn about them I have started to learn something about myself. That the "me time" is more important than I ever would have dreamed. The time to sit in quiet and think about what I have done, as your parents would say! This is the first time in my life that I can remember being completely comfortable with me by myself as a person. I think that we all long for that person to share our thoughts and ideas and life with. I feel confident that when that person wants to find me they will and in the mean time I am having a fabulous time being the person that I have always wanted to be.

No comments: