Thursday, December 4, 2008

Were you drooling?

Keep in mind as you read this that I am an insomniac. I really don't sleep well out of town or on peoples couches. I envy those people who can just fall asleep standing in doorways and things like that. But I am not like that. For the most part I need a hot bath and my own bed with the dog sleeping at the end of it to sleep. That is why what happened next was so funny and weird. I have been working a lot of hours the past few weeks and going to school and just being busy in general. I got to school early today to drop me car off in the auto shop department so I had nothing to so for a few hours. I filled in time with the usual stuff. I called my Oma and had breakfast. Then I decided to lay down in the commons for a few minutes and "rest my eyes". when I woke up my phone was going off and it was an hour and a half later. There was a group of nursing students surrounding me and if they weren't laughing at me they sure should have been. At least one of them was nice enough to tell me that I had an imprint of the couch on my face. When I go to lunch and told the story the first thing that my friend Jen asks is "were you drooling?" Then Margret, who I was actually meeting for lunch said that if she had seen me she would have walked around the corner and then called my phone. I assume that I have at least one friend who would have taken photos before dumping a glass of water on my head! How exhausted must I have been to actually fall asleep in the school commons! This tells me that I certainly need a day off of my life. When that will be I have no idea but it will be welcome when it comes.

No comments: