Friday, December 12, 2008

gotta dance

I love to dance. But most of all I love a live band. While I was at swing dance on Tuesday I ran into several people that I had not seen, or danced with for a long time. I felt reconnected to people that understood a part of my life that I always felt reached farther than just an activity to do once a week. True, it keeps me in shape and is a good social outlet but it is more than that. I remember my Mom telling me a story about my Grandma once. My Grandma was dating a fellow who was in the navy. Her mother used to sew her outfits to match his uniforms and they would go dancing. During the week she would save her egg money and usually have enough to either buy a coke or go and dance. I have to admit that as much as I love coke I would have chosen to dance as well! They would go to the dance hall and people would clear the floor to watch them dance together. Now, I don't even imagine that I am that good on the dance floor but I have to admit that I get a little tingle everytime I see someone trying to figure out something that my dance partner and I have done or smile at us. I feel like I can connect with people in the room without even talking. I love to dance. And I wish that my Grandma could still be here to see me dance.

No comments: