Thursday, April 2, 2009

When Will it End?

How long and dreary and mundane things seem to be now. I feel as though I have wandered into the final level of Dante's Inferno and wonder what trechery I have committed to trap me here. A week of sandbagging to hold back a river determined to destroy, three days of being sick (because of not taking care of myself during the previous), and just to top it off, more snow. So, after briefly thinking that there must be a way to justify staying in bed for the rest of the winter/spring I decide to try and make the best of it and pretend that it isn't happening. I pulled the blinds shut, put on a pot of tea, turned on Brideshead Revisited, and started a new knitting project. A lovely pair of green socks. Spring green, with specks of brown and yellow knit into a leafy pattern around my feet. Just the ticket. I feel that the completion of this project should take me just long enough to wait out the rest of the bad weather. You'll all cover for me...right?

No comments: