Saturday, March 14, 2009

Shadows from the Past

I had a conversation with my past tonight. It reminded me that we all change and grow into different people. Not all things from the past have to be revisited but sometimes it is nice to know that maybe you didn't screw it up like you thought you did. When I talk to people about regret and wanting to do things differently I always tell them that I don't regret things that have happened. You can't change those things. The only thing that we can do is learn from the experiences that shape who we are. Good and bad things all make us who we are. I like who I am. The question is, if I took away all the painful things, would I still be the person that I am? Every time I doubt how I deal with the world I try to remember what is is like when I compromise the real me, the me that I like. So, in the end we all end up in places that we don't like but the only thing that we can do is climb out and move on. We will all be okay. Give me a high five, give me a hug, and if you must, do a pink fruity shot and move forward. I know you...trust me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can you believe that we had to stay at the KELLY INN last weekend? bollocks, i'd say. i still hastagetyou your book back!
g'night!